
I used to think that this was just me, but when I confessed this to a couple of my gay friends, they shrugged "Who didn't?"
When I saw "Grease," I desperately wanted to be Olivia Newton-John. I wanted to trade in my Asian black hair for her golden locks. This was only exacerbated when I saw her in "Xanadu." Does anyone remember those barrettes with the ribbon streamers? I, of course, wore those barrettes and roller skated in my friend's (Ellen Walsh) basement while screaming the lyrics to ELO's music.
Lo and behold: Over twenty years later, "Xanadu" is resurrected as a Broadway musical. Is there any question that I'll go see it? Me and every other girl (gay men, included) who ever wanted to be her.
3 comments:
Okay, I recently saw the movie again. It is still wonderful in all its cheesy glory.
Hey you.
I can't believe you waited a WEEK to break the news that you have a blog on BLOGGER!!!
So welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!!!!!!
I will send all my friends to you.
uh oh.
i vaguely remember Ellen Walsh... did she live next door to us in CT?
Hey Sue.
No, Ellen was a friend in Rhode Island. Her dad was a cop that gave Mom some problems during her "wild" days.
I think you are thinking of Maryse.
Post a Comment