Funnily enough, getting off Oahu was difficult. I was sitting on the plane, my seat buckled when the flight crew announced that there was a mechanical problem. We had to get off the plane with our carry-ons, pick up any checked luggage and head to the ticket counter to get rerouted.
There were two ticket agents and the line moved about a foot per hour. Inspired by another fellow stranded passenger, I called American's 800 number and had an agent reserve me a spot for the same flight the next day. Because it was a mechanical problem, the airline would comp a room for me, but I would have to stay in the line to make those arrangements.
About three hours in the line and I was about to take off and just eat the cost of the hotel room myself, they announced that the flight was back on and would be leaving six hours later than originally scheduled.
This meant that we would get in at 2:30am PDT. Fortunately, I had adjusted to Hawaiian time so it wasn't too bad. I didn't, however, get up until 1pm the next day. I guess as you get older, you feel jet lag more. :-)
Overall, it was a good trip.
Monday, October 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment