
So, my friend Bob came out to San Francisco for Gay Pride. This wasn't his first time (he'd been to it three times -- the other times coinciding with JavaOne), but it was my first time.

I picked him up at SFO around noon that Saturday and we took BART from Daly City into SF. After doing some clothes shopping, we met up with a coworker of mine and some friends of hers. Somehow we ended up walking in the illegal lesbian parade. Bob was a little uncomfortable because he thought men weren't allowed to walk it. At least that's what he said. I think that he was uncomfortable because of all the bare breasts we saw. Female parts make him queasy. :-)

The next day we went out for the real parade. Most of the floats were pretty neat. There was one that made me a little angry, though. It was the Google float and they had George Takei on it! My first thought was: Where is Apple's float and who could we get as our token gay celeb?! Even though I'm straight, I am seriously thinking about organizing an Apple float for next year. Come on!

If you squint real hard at the picture to the left, you can make out George Takei in the float. Bitch.
That Sunday in San Francisco was actually quite warm and sunny. After being out all day, Bob and I were a little sunburned. I was insistent, however, we take a picture of us in the hotel to commemorate the day. Bob's camera didn't have a timer, so we had to wing it. Needless to say, it took a few times to get a good shot ...

I look totally drugged out here.

Still can't shake the druggy look.

Bob's starting to lose it here which means that I start to lose it so bad ....

... that I can't sit up for the next picture.

Ah, good enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment